SouthLake PCA ~ Transformed by Grace
Cultivating the Hope of Christ in our hearts and homes, community and city, nation and world so that people are Transformed by the Grace of Jesus Christ.
What we Believe
...About the Bible:
• Our beliefs in theology are grounded in the Bible. We earnestly strive to follow the teaching of Christ and His apostles.
• The Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is our infallible and divine authority in all matters of faith and life.
• We believe in the Trinity. There is one God who exists eternally in three Persons - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are one in power and glory.
• Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, lived, died and rose again to suffer the punishment for the sins of those who trust Him alone for their salvation. Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and mankind. • He is the Head of the Church, His body. • He shall return personally, visibly, and bodily at a time known only to God the Father.
...About the Holy Spirt:
• The Holy Spirit applies to us the redemption purchased by Christ. The Spirit works faith in us and unites us to Christ. • The Holy Spirit convinces us of our sin, enlightens our minds in the knowledge of Christ, renews our wills, and persuades and enables us to embrace Jesus.
...About Man without God:
• All people are naturally rebellious toward God. This rebellion is called sin, and causes all people to be unable to earn a right relationship with God through their own efforts. We believe that a right relationship with God - salvation - comes as a gift of God's Grace through faith alone. God convinces people of their sin and enlightens them so that they turn from their sinful behavior and trust in Jesus Christ.
...About the Church:
• The church should operate as a unified community of servants with men and women stewarding their Spiritual gifts for the glory of God. • Christ followers should pursue spiritual growth in every facet of their lives. This full-life commitment is normal for every believer. • Loving relationships should permeate the community of the church. • The role of the pastor and staff is to equip and enable God's people to do the work of ministry.
• All of life is meant to be worship. However, worship happens in a particular and important sense when individuals gather corporately to serve the Lord by proclaiming His great worth.
...About Missions and Outreach:
• We are commissioned by Christ Himself to go into all the world, spreading the gospel, teaching people to follow and obey Christ, and baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The extension of the kingdom of God honors Him, and is accomplished through evangelism, missions and church planting, and also as God's people impact their communities through mercy and service ministries.
• God honors prayer as the channel through which He pours out His blessing to His people and His church.
To see more, check out the PCA Beliefs Page.